General Criteria for Selection
The housekeeper has a great responsibility when choosing equipment’s. It is necessity to be able to justify its use inters of saving time, labor, bench the saving of money and of its efficiency in obtaining a good result. An alternative is to hire equipment’s. The following points may be considered while choosing equipment’s.
- Fast, initial, running, maintenance, depreciation.
- Hires and opposed to purchase.
- Safety in operation of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Suitability of equipment’s for job to be perfumed.
- Size, weight and height of machines, easy of handling and operating.
- Size and loading (Voltage) of equipment’s.
- Portability between floors.
- Availability of spare parts.
- Correct speed for the job perform (e g : scrubbing, buffing).
- Versatility of machines so that it may accommodate various tasks.
Classification of Cleaning Equipment’s
Cleaning is the removal of any kinds of soiled from any surface. Only 5-10% of the cost of cleaning is spent on cleaning equipments (the rest being labor). But they play a major role in cleaning process. The houses keeper should endeavor to provide those which make cleaning easier for the staff, save time and obtain a satisfactory result. They are two types of cleaning equipment’s. They are Manual and Mechanical (electrical)